It is the Assessor’s responsibility to establish fair and equitable values for all real-estate, taxable personal property, and taxable motor vehicles located within the city. The assessment year begins October 1st and continues to September 30th of each year. All assessment work must be completed for the finalization of the Grand List on January 31st.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) Property Viewer (Property and ownership information is not current)
- Housing and Property Information (Most recent owner and building information including square footage and assessment).
Elderly and Totally Disabled Renter's Rebate Program
Application Period: April 1 through October 1, 2020
- Persons over 65 years old
- Persons under 65 receiving Social Security disability
- Married: Maximum $45,100
- Single: Maximum $37,000
- Income limits change annually per State of Connecticut Office of Policy and Management
- Rent receipts or statement from landlord for entire 2019 year or rental period
- Utility receipts (electric, oil, gas) for entire 2019 year or rental period
- All income statements
- 2019 Federal Income Tax (if filed)
- 2019 Social Security 1099 Statement, Social Security TPQY for Disabled
- Bank Interest
- Any other income
- SUBMITTING REQUIRED PROOF DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
TO APPLY CLAIMANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO SUBMIT REQUIRED PROOF USING MAIL, FAX OR SCANNED AND EMAILED. TO ACCEPT THE DOCUMENTS THE STATE REQUIRES A DATE AND SIGNATURE ON EITHER EACH DOCUMENT SUBMITTED, OR AN ACCOMPANYING COVER LETTER. ALL CORRESPONDENCE MUST INCLUDE THE CLAIMANTS CURRENT PHONE NUMBER AND ADDRESS. APPLICANTS WILL BE MAILED A RECEIPT AFTER THEIR CLAIM HAS SUBMITTED TO THE STATE.
- APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY IN-PERSON.
- BEFORE ARRIVING, PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY SYMPTOMS OF THE CORONAVIRUS OR IF YOU HAVE BEEN IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH SOMEONE THAT HAS COVID-19. SYMPTOMS MAY INCLUDE COUGHING, SHORTNESS OF BREATH/DIFFICULTY BREATHING, FEVER, CHILLS, MUSCLE PAIN, HEADACHE, SORE THROAT, OR A NEW LOSS OF TASTE OR SMELL.
ADDITIONALLY, FOR THE SAFETY OF EVERYONE IN THE OFFICE, WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE COME ALONE OR LIMIT THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT ACCOMPANY YOU TO ONE PERSON, IF POSSIBLE. ALSO, PLEASE WEAR A CLOTH FACE COVERING OR FACE-MASK. WE’LL ASK THAT YOU CLEAN YOUR HANDS WITH HAND SANITIZER UPON ENTERING THE OFFICE AND TRY TO MAINTAIN A 6 FOOT DISTANCE FROM OTHERS.