Middletown Area Transit (MAT) provides transit and para-transit service to the City of Middletown and the greater Middletown region which includes Portland, East Hampton, Durham, Middlefield and Cromwell. Service to Meriden is available on the M Link.
Visit the MAT website for bus schedules, fare information, and contact information.
Mid-Shore Express offers bus service to Chester, Essex and Old Saybrook.
- Freight Rail Access provided by Connecticut Central Rail Road, with connections to Conrail and AMTRAK
- Nearby AMTRAK passenger services
- Metro North commuter services
- Barge Transport
- Connecticut River excursions provided by Lady Katharine Cruises
- inter and intra-State provided by Connecticut Transit and inter-City service provided by Middletown Area Transit
- Mass Transit Bus System
- Bradley International Airport, Windsor Locks (27 miles)
- Brainard Field, Hartford (15 miles)
- New Haven (25 miles)
- Small air facilities at East Haddam and Plainville
- Tweed-New Haven Airport