- You are here:
- Boards & Commissions R - Z
- Zoning Board of Appeals
Zoning Board of Appeals
- 5:30 P.M.
- 1st Thursday of every month
- Council Chambers
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. The deadline to get on the agenda as a public hearing item is 20 days prior to each meeting. Public Hearing legal notices will be available after the deadline. Public Notices of Decision will be available within a week after the previous meeting.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Steven Kovach, Chair (D)
- John Pulino, Vice Chair (R)
- Nicholas Ficaro, Vice Chair (D)
- Linda Reil (R)
- Kevin Brignole (R)
- Vacant, Alternate (R)
- Vacant, Alternate (D)
- Vacant, Alternate (D)
- Mayor Ben Florsheim, Ex Officio Member
Thomas Hazel, Zoning/ Blight Enforcement Officer
Middletown's Zoning Board of Appeals has jurisdiction over:
- Appeals: Where it has been charged that there is an error by the Building Inspector or the Zoning Enforcement Officer in the enforcement of the zoning regulations.
- Application for a variance from the terms of the regulations where, because of special conditions a literal enforcement of the ordinance would result in a practical difficulty or unnecessary hardship. This hardship should be peculiar to the specific application and the variance, if granted, should be in harmony with the comprehensive plan and not contrary to the public welfare.
- The location of motor vehicle dealers or repairers and gasoline stations.
The role of the Zoning Board of Appeals is deemed quasi-judicial in nature and most of the cases pertain to variances. At no time is it within the scope of the Zoning Board of Appeals' power to hear an appeal on a decision of the Planning and Zoning Commission.
Application For a Motor Vehicle Use
You wish to obtain a state motor vehicle license for a limited repairer, general repairer, used car dealer or new car dealer.Link to page
Application For a Variance
You may have certain circumstances that makes it impossible for you to build according to the Zoning Code. If your situation meets all of the following criteria you may be able to receive a variance.Link to page
A list of Legal Notices is available through this link.Link to page
Notices of Decision
A list of Notices of Decisions is available through this link.Link to page
Permit ApplicationsLink to page