MIDDLETOWN FARMERS MARKET
FARMERS MARKET 2023 SEASON!
Fridays 10am - 2pm
June 30th - October 27th
Location: Union Green, Corner of Main & Pleasant Street.
- Market Manager
DOUBLE DOLLARS REGISTRATION
If you receive SNAP/WIC you are eligible for doubling your dollars! Please click the link to register for the program prior to the market.
Are you interested in volunteering at Middletown’s Farmers Market? If so, please email the Market Manager with your name and your contact information so that we can add you to the list of growing volunteers! Or sign up here: Middletown Farmers Market Volunteers: Middletown Farmers Market Volunteer (signupgenius.com)
The following payment methods will be accepted at the market this year:
- Middletown Senior/Community Center - Senior Farmers Market Vouchers: We expect to have the vouchers by August 1st. The vouchers are 6 checks in the amount of $3 to be used at the approved farmers market locations. You will receive a current list of Farmers Markets when picking up your vouchers. The State of CT has approved contactless distribution meaning we won’t need your signature on the voucher booklet. In order to qualify, you will be required to verbally attest that you meet the criteria.
- Resident of Middletown, 60 or older You do not live in one of these properties that are handing out vouchers: Middletown Housing Authority, Newfield Towers, Old Middletown High, Pondview, Shiloh Manor, South Green Apartments, St. Luke’s Apartments, or Stoneycrest Towers
- You have not received a check booklet already this year You meet the 2020 annual income limits which are $23,606 or less for a single household and $31,894 or less for a double household
- If you meet these eligibility guidelines. You can call or email us to schedule pickup of your vouchers in August.
- You will be asked by a staff member to attest that you meet the criteria. Making false statements could subject you to prosecution under state and/or federal law and they may be required to pay back the value of the checks.
- You can appeal your eligibility determination to the State of CT. This program is supported by funding from the United States Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service and the CT Department of Agriculture.
- We are a distribution site and do not create the program rules or the distribution rules. We also don’t control the farmers markets or the pricing.
- Luther Ridge at Middletown
- Middlefield Senior & Social Services
- Middletown Housing Authority
- Newfield Towers
- Old Middletown High School Apartments
- Pondview Apartments
- Shiloh Manor
- SHP Management Corp
- South Green Apartments
- St. Lukes Apartments
- The Carabetta Companies
- Rx produce program:
- You can also get produce prescriptions at Middlesex Hospital and Community Health Center
- Double Dollars (which are distributed at the market upon a SNAP purchase) through CT Fresh Match